Dip a pretzel into creamy, tangy soup decorated with dill and bursts of salmon roe.
The ingredient of Cream of cauliflower soup with pretzels
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 185ml-205ml milk, warmed
- 265g (1 3/4 cups) Anchor Bread & Pizza Plain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Olive oil spray, to grease
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Sea salt flakes
- 20g butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 (about 750g) cauliflowers, coarsely chopped
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish cream
- 125g (1/2 cup) light sour cream
- Salmon roe (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Cream of cauliflower soup with pretzels
- Combine sugar, yeast and 60ml (1/4-cup) milk in a jug. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in yeast mixture and 125ml (1/2-cup) milk. Stir to combine, adding another tablespoon of milk if necessary.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5-8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Knead in dill. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 12 portions. Roll 1 portion into a log about 35cm long. Form a U shape, then fold the ends into the centre. Cross ends over and press to seal. Repeat with remaining dough. Set aside for 10 minutes to rise slightly.
- Preheat oven to 220u00baC. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over medium-high heat. Add baking powder. Add 4 pretzels and cook, turning once, for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to drain. Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Spray 2 baking trays with oil. Place pretzels on trays. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook leek for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in potato and cauliflower. Add stock. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Uncover. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Use a stick blender to puree.
- Place the soup over medium-high heat. Stir in cream and horseradish. Cook for 5 minutes. Ladle among serving bowls. Top with sour cream and roe, if desired. Serve with pretzels.
Nutritions of Cream of cauliflower soup with pretzelsfatContent: 442.15 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 15 grams protein