Bought roast chook and almost-instant noodles make this a no-fuss family favourite.
The ingredient of Chicken noodle and vegetable soup
- 25g butter
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 1 leek, pale section only, halved lengthways, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stick (leaves included), ends trimmed, halved lengthways, coarsely chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 140g (1 cup) finely chopped roast chicken
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 x 440g pkt Singapore-style noodles
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken noodle and vegetable soup
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the carrot, leek and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the leek softens.
- Add the stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the chicken and thyme and simmer covered, for 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the pan and cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Chicken noodle and vegetable soupfatContent: 315.48 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein